Moisturizing curly hair isn’t always easy. Hair dry, brittle, difficult to comb, hair care is welcome to pamper the curls.
Ultra moisturizing masks made from natural ingredients are one of the most effective solutions. They will allow you to take care of your hair in the long term… and at a lower cost!
Coconut milk, argan oil or vegetable yogurt, there are many DIY mask recipes. It’s time to include them in your beauty routine!
We have selected for you 6 moisturizing masks that are simple to make and apply with ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboards!
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with coconut milk
Coconut milk is ideal for dry and damaged curly hair. Unlike coconut oil, milk contains proteins that soothe the scalp and promote the growth of curls while strengthening them.
Likewise, this miracle ingredient is suitable for all types of curls: curly, wavy, and frizzy. In addition to intensely hydrating them, coconut milk promotes shine!
Ingredients (double the quantities for long hair):
- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk;
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil.
- Bring a bowl;
- Pour the coconut milk and castor oil then mix;
- Optionally, add Cananga odorata (ylang-ylang) essential oil to strengthen the hair;
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous preparation.
First, distribute the preparation strand by strand and leave it on for 1 hour.
Finally, make a mild shampoo to remove the rest of the mask.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with argan oil
Indeed, the treatment based on argan oil is ultra-nourishing and is perfect for curly hair. Note that these tend to dry out quite quickly and break.
Atlas Cedar essential oil also deeply nourishes and repairs the hair, but also redraws the curls for better hold!
- 10 drops of argan oil;
- 10 drops of Atlas Cedar essential oil.
- Arm yourself with a small container;
- Finally, mix the two oils to obtain a homogeneous result.
This homemade mask is best kept overnight. Distribute it over the hair, emphasizing the ends.
Make two braids that aren’t too tight and cover your hair with a care cap to keep in the heat. Finally, do your usual shampoo the next day.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with honey and olive oil
Do you notice the appearance of split ends in your curly hair? Before cutting the tips, try making this mask with honey and olive oil!
The honey will restore the hair fiber and the olive oil will ensure its hydration. You can also add lemon juice to illuminate your hair and bring highlights!
- 2 tablespoons of honey;
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- the juice of a quarter of a lemon;
- 8 tablespoons of water.
- In a bowl, mix the honey and olive oil;
- Add water and lemon juice;
- Mix it all together, it’s ready.
On dry and detangled hair, apply the treatment to the hair, starting about 10 cm from the roots so as not to grease them. This is especially preferable if you have oily hair!
Then, wrap your hair in a care cap or heated towel to enhance the effects of the mask. If you have long hair, make a high bun or a braid beforehand!
Leave the mask on for 2 to 3 hours. Finish with a mild shampoo, focusing on the roots.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with oatmeal and cornstarch
Oats are known for their moisturizing properties. This cereal is also excellent for structuring curls and making the hair very soft!
Cornstarch, on the other hand, accentuates the spring effect of the curls, helps to retain hydration, and in particular avoids unattractive frizz.
- 300ml of water;
- 4 tablespoons of rolled oats;
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch;
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Get out a saucepan;
- Heat the water with the cornstarch, mixing well to avoid the formation of lumps;
- Then add the rolled oats and mix;
- Add honey and cook over low heat until you get a slightly thick cream;
- Filter the preparation using a strainer;
- Optionally, add a few drops of jojoba oil then allow to cool completely before use.
If your hydration needs are high, apply the natural mask to your hair strand by strand and leave for 2 hours under a charlotte. Then finish with a shampoo.
Otherwise, you can leave the care for the time of your shower just after the shampoo. Finally, finish with a good rinse and a jet of cold water.
Since oats are fat-free, they are ideal for hair that gets greasy quickly!
Moisturizing mask for curly hair with vegetable yogurt
This is a very easy and quick recipe to make!
Yogurt is a popular ingredient in face masks. Indeed, it makes the hair softer and rebalances the pH of the hair.
- A pot of vegetable yogurt of your choice;
- Virgin and organic coconut butter.
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut butter;
- Then, mix the yogurt and the oil obtained in a bowl;
- Optionally, add 1 to 2 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil.
First, spread the mask over your dry, detangled hair. Then cover your hair with a charlotte and respect an exposure time of 30 minutes.
Then, wash your hair with a mild, natural shampoo.
Moisturizing mask for curly hair based on aloe vera
Aloe vera has a strong regenerating power. This ingredient is ideal for curly hair that suffers external aggressions such as heat and pollution.
So if you want to revitalize your hair, this homemade mask recipe is for you!
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel ;
- 1 natural yogurt;
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil for a healthier scalp.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt and the aloe vera gel;
- Add the essential oil and mix again to obtain a smooth consistency.
The use is simple: on damp hair, apply this super moisturizing mask and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water, and you’re good to go!
Image Credit: Image by cookie_studio on Freepik