Vitamin C, known to bring energy to our body, is also an ally for the health of our skin and hair.
Indeed, vitamin C makes our hair shiny and full of vitality. It helps to stimulate hair growth and limit hair loss.
Moisturizing and antioxidant, it protects them from external aggressions and fights the premature aging of our beautiful hair.
So, without further ado, let’s discover together all the benefits of vitamin C on our hair!
What are the benefits of vitamin C for hair?
Vitamin C is essential to boost our body and our hair; indeed, it helps to keep our hair healthy, and makes it stronger and shinier.
It is therefore ideal for all hair types!
1. Vitamin C promotes hair growth
Indeed, vitamin C is a nutrient that contributes to hair growth.
Antioxidant, vitamin C neutralizes the action of free radicals to prevent them from damaging and weakening the hair.
In addition, it activates the micro-circulation of the scalp to strengthen the hair follicles.
Thus, vitamin C makes our hair stronger by eliminating the problems of split ends and brittle hair. The result is healthy hair that naturally grows more easily and healthier!
2. Vitamin C fights hair loss
Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen. This essential protein for hair growth also helps fight against hair loss.
It thus prevents the hair from weakening and breaking. In addition, it protects them from external aggressions such as seasonal changes, stress, medical treatments or the use of chemicals.
This is why a complementary supply of vitamin C makes it possible to fight effectively against hair loss. It repairs and revitalizes damaged hair, making it more resistant!
3. Vitamin C fights dry hair
Another of the benefits of vitamin C is to nourish and hydrate dry hair deeply. Indeed, it traps moisture within the hair fiber.
But in addition to hydrating them, vitamin C brings shine and limits frizz by tightening the hair scales.
In summary, by using vitamin C-based treatments, you will find smooth, shiny, and hydrated hair!
4. Vitamin C prevents hair discoloration
In addition, vitamin C contributes to the synthesis of melanin and helps to maintain the natural color of the hair.
It prevents hair discoloration due to aging hair follicles which over time produce less melanin.
Therefore, it helps to keep a unified color and nourishes hair!
5. Vitamin C slows hair aging
The combination of all the benefits of vitamin C helps to slow down the aging of hair.
Indeed, over the years, they become more fragile and thinner. They lack hydration and grow less quickly.
Thus, vitamin C prevents the premature appearance of gray hair in addition to strengthening it and keeping it thick and healthy.
What are the sources of vitamin C for hair?
Vitamin C is found mainly in fruits and vegetables. Also, for a natural supply of vitamin C, you should focus on the following foods:
- Fruits such as lemons, kiwis, oranges, guava, mangoes, lychees, strawberries, grapefruits, and pineapples;
- Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, green peas, spinach, and red peppers;
- Cereals and mueslis also contain vitamin C.
To boost the body and enjoy all the benefits of vitamin C, opt for homemade fruit juice concentrates.
Do not hesitate to vary the pleasures and flavors, your body and your hair will thank you!
Vitamin C for hair: in what form to find it?
Indeed, in addition to foods rich in vitamin C, you can opt for a cure in order to take advantage of all its benefits.
Many dietary supplements exist, such as:
- Liposomal vitamin C in the form of capsules: the combination of ascorbic acid and synthetic lipids makes soluble vitamin C better assimilated by the body and therefore more effective. You thus benefit from all its benefits for the hair as well as for the skin and the nails and all while staying in top shape;
- 100% natural vitamin C 500 in the form of a chewable tablet: you can opt for Forte Pharma Acerola or Juvamine food supplements. With this cure, you contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system and the health of your hair.
However, before taking food supplements, seek advice from health professionals!
How to use vitamin C for hair?
In addition to food and food supplements, it is possible to make hair masks based on vitamin C!
Vitamin C Nourishing Hair Mask
In order to make a nourishing and hydrating hair mask, you need the following ingredients:
- Orange ;
- half a lemon;
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
Then you need to do the following steps:
- Squeeze the orange and the lemon;
- Mix with the 2 tablespoons of honey to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Once the mixture is ready, nothing could be simpler:
- Apply the treatment to your damp hair;
- Wrap them in a towel;
- Leave on for 15 minutes to an hour;
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water before washing them with your usual shampoo, preferably natural.
To boost the vitamin C-based treatment, you can use grapefruit-based shampoo. Your hair will be hydrated, shiny, and full of vitality!
Vitamin C Brightening Hair Mask
Do you want to remove the pigments of color or simply lighten your natural color? A vitamin C mask can be the perfect solution!
For this brightening mask recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of honey;
- 1 spoon of powdered vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid;
- 2 tablespoons of organic natural conditioner;
- 1 tablespoon of natural shampoo.
You must mix the ingredients until you get a thick and homogeneous paste.
Then you just need to follow these steps:
- Dampen your hair with lukewarm water;
- Apply the mask by massaging your hair from roots to ends. All wicks must be covered by the mixture;
- Wrap your hair in cellophane or a bathing cap;
- Leave on for 1 to 4 hours;
- Rinse with clean water;
- You can apply a moisturizing spray before drying your hair.
You can make this mask once a week until you get the desired lightening.
Image Credit: Image by lookstudio on Freepik