Our lips are used to modulate the tone of the voice, to chew, to express emotion, and of course to give a smile or to kiss when we love…! They must therefore be preserved.
The skin that covers them is not the same as the skin that covers the rest of our bodies. Indeed, the lips are semi-mucous membranes. They are not covered with horny epidermal layers like the rest of the face.
Have you noticed their pretty pink color? It is due to the thinness of the skin which covers the generously vascularized tissue of the lips. The blood vessels are flush with the skin. In addition, the lips are devoid of sebaceous glands and cannot properly lubricate the skin surface. This is why the lips get dry so quickly.
The lips are not protected by the melanin pigments usually produced by the skin when we are under the sun’s rays. The lips are therefore very easily damaged by UV rays and must be seriously pampered in winter and summer.
An organic lip care recipe
- Gently massage the lips with your fingertips with a homemade mixture of thick white cheese and fine cane sugar (proportions: 50/50). Lactic acids mixed with glucose derivatives will make the lips supple and rejuvenated.
- This gentle massage is practiced twice a week for five long minutes.
Make your organic glamorous lip gloss
- 1 tablespoon of semi-liquid honey (acacia) mixed with 2 teaspoons of rose hydrosol and… a final precious drop of Damascus Rose essential oil.
- Store the gloss in the fridge overnight and in the bag during the day, in a small glass jar for example.
- Apply with the tip of the index finger.
For the night, you will need more intense care: organic shea butter remains a lifesaver in the event of weakened lips. You can combine it with a drop of organic black pepper essential oil (piper nigrum), which will give your kisses a warm and tender taste at the same time.
- Organic cucumber makeup remover, the easy recipe
- Avoid these 10 mistakes to keep your skin clear | Homemade tips for clear skin
- How To extend the life of your mascara
Featured Image Credit : Image by Engin Akyurt from Pixabay