How do effectively fight against dry hands? Find the natural and effective tips to nourish your skin.
Why do we have dry hands? How to cure it?
Is your skin irritated and unable to maintain its optimal level of hydration? Most of the time, this comes from small repeated attacks: contact with water, often too hard, soap, cleaning products, such as dishwashing liquid and bleach.
Washing your hands as often as recommended, that is, each time you go to the toilet, before eating or cooking, is enough to make your hands dry.
Note that it is easier to realize that our hands are dry when autumn arrives because cold and wet weather is an additional attack, which can make the problem more visible, even painful
Dry hands: first protect your hands against daily aggressions
The first action is to protect your hands from daily aggressions. Of course, there is no question of ignoring hygiene: washing your hands is a must. But it is possible to avoid making this gesture of cleanliness endanger the skin.
For this, it is advisable to:
- always use a mild soap or one specially developed for dry or fragile skin. If you develop allergies, the most recommended are the soap or Aleppo soap.• rinse hands well, without leaving them underwater more than necessary.
- dry hands thoroughly immediately afterward, including spaces between fingers
- if possible, and apply a light moisturizer immediately after washing your hands.
5 simple and practical tips to avoid dry hands every day
The following five tips will help you protect your hands in particular:
- Wear gloves, preferably leather or silk, when it’s cold, as soon as you go outside.
- Apply moisturizer throughout the day, in thin layers so that activity is not hampered. Applying a nourishing cream on the hands at bedtime allows the skin, at rest, to absorb the product more overnight.
- Put on latex gloves when using household products.
- Avoid the use of industrial cleaners and favor natural hygiene and cleaning products such as white vinegar, baking soda, and super-neutral shower gel at neutral pH. And check the presence of the words ” dermatologically tested ” on the label.
- Perform a hand scrub twice a month, massaging the skin to promote blood circulation and eliminate bacteria and toxins.
Dry hands: natural products to promote
When you have dry hands, certain natural products are to be preferred, especially for their virtues:
- The glycerin has a restorative effect, emollient, and lubricant.
- The honey and beeswax protect and nourish the skin.
- The sweet almond oil extract softens and tones the skin.
- The argan oil, of castor oil or avocado, has a strong moisturizing, nourishing, and anti-aging.
- Shea or monoi butter regenerates and protects from the cold.
- Lemon juice revitalizes the surface of the skin and regulates the pH.
[…] 5 Natural tips to avoid having dry hands […]