Hair sometimes requires a lot of maintenance. Although there is a multitude of shampoos, many are sometimes too aggressive, causing irritation to the scalp.
Not to mention that they are often made from chemicals, it is not always easy to find the shoe to suit your feet, or rather the shampoo for your hair. What if essential oils could be the natural solution to certain hair problems?
The different benefits of essential oils for the hair
The active ingredients in essential oils can help smooth hair or restore tone to dull hair. This ultimately allows you to create the shampoo that best suits your hair needs.
3 ways to use essential oils for hair
To maintain your hair and have beautiful hair, there are generally 3 ways to use essential oils.
Essential oils in massage
Before washing your hair with shampoo, dilute the essential oil in a base oil ( sweet almond, first cold-pressed olive oil, grape seed oil). It takes one drop of essential oil per tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Essential oils in the shampoo
You should use a mild or neutral shampoo and add a few drops of essential oil. For an optimal dilution at 1%, it takes 10 to 20 drops of essential oil for 10 cl of shampoo.
Essential Oils In Local Application
As for the application in massage, dilute a drop of essential oil in a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Apply the mixture gently and for a long time all over your hair, without forgetting to gently massage the scalp. Wrap a towel around your head and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your hair well.
- Hair Loss Remedies
- How to make homemade makeup remover gel
- How to identify harmful ingredients in cosmetics
Adapt your hair treatment with essential oils
For each condition or hair problem, there is one (or more) essential oil (s) whose active ingredients can act effectively.
- Oily hair: essential oil of lemon, cypress, juniper, bay leaf, rosemary, sage, petitgrain, basil, peppermint, eucalyptus
- Dry hair: ylang-ylang essential oil, lavender, rosemary, geranium, sandalwood, sage, palmarosa, cade wood, cedar
- Hair thin or lacking in volume: essential oil of rosewood, lemongrass
- Curly and frizzy hair: ylang-ylang essential oil
Damaged hair or hair with dermo-capillary problems
- Dull or damaged hair: essential oil of ylang-ylang, lavender, rosemary, lemon
- Colored hair: German chamomile essential oil for light shades
- Dandruff: essential oil of grapefruit, tea tree, sandalwood, rosemary, cypress, bergamot, geranium, essential oil of laurel, palmarosa, tea tree, cade wood, Bay St Thomas, patchouli
- Itching: essential oil of cedar, cypress
- Hair loss: essential oil of rom arin with cineole, cypress, lemon, thyme, ginger, Atlas cedar, Bay St Thomas, Spikenard, Grapefruit, clary sage, juniper, geranium
- Excess sebum: essential oil of bergamot, lemon, Atlas cedar, grapefruit, clary sage, noble laurel
Image Credit : Photo by Jean-Daniel Francoeur from Pexels
[…] Which Essential Oil Is Good For Hair […]