Ingredients needed :
- two large organic apples of your choice
- 1 liter of water
- 100 ml of organic honey (or 100g of sugar)
- organic wine yeast
You also need a large glass jar for the fermentation and other jars for the vinegar.
The amount of honey depends on the natural sugar content of the apple: the more acidic and less sweet the apple, the more honey you need, but you don’t have to add all the honey.
Wine yeast is used to speed up fermentation, but it is not required. Nevertheless, it speeds up the process considerably.
- Organic cucumber makeup remover, the easy recipe
- Natural tips to fight against acne and pimples
- The danger of drinking soda every day
Apple cider vinegar, the recipe
- We start by transforming the apples into a puree by adding water and passing them in a blender.
- The honey is melted in lukewarm water.
- The honey, apple puree and wine yeast are poured into the jar.
It only remains to close the jar and keep it away from light in the hottest room possible (it is considered that the fermentation takes place at best at 29 ° C).
- Mix the preparation daily for 10 days.
- After ten days, the mash remains a little in the bottom of the container.
- Use kitchen (or Chinese ) cheesecloth to extract the filtered juice, to be stored in glass jars.
- Store these jars for 60 days under the same conditions so that the alcohol turns into acetic acid .
The apple cider vinegar is then ready to be consumed. To keep it, we use glass bottles with cork stoppers, or simple capsules if you use it quickly.